If your browser doesn't automatically go there within a few seconds, click here to go to Tortilla Sandwich.
Tortilla Sandwich
Tortilla Sandwich
What is it? A mixture of the Mexican and American heritage which once fused together creates the culture I grew up with. A culture where I watched every India Maria movie, my hero was El Chapulin Colorado, I had atole for breakfast, yet at the same time I never missed an episode of Saturday Night Live, my favorite meal was mom's meatloaf and I dreamed of being in the Ramones.


Contact Me
tortillasandwich@gmail.com

Feeds
Atom
June 09, 2005
Start spreading the news

...I'm leaving next month.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I am going on a road trip, destination: New York.

We are driving from Texas to the East Coast, and I can't wait.

The last time I went to NYC was in August of 2001. Things have changed greatly since that time. Back then things were innocent, I was naive, younger, and the only thing I had to worry about were the pickpockets in Chinatown. Even though I'm sure everyone has tried to move on since that day in September, it's going to feel weird going back and not having those landmarks come out in just about every photo you take of the skyline.

As I prepare for my trip, expect to see a lot of New York related items in this blog (unless Tom Cruise gets all wacky, then I will have to break in with a special report).

I also would like a little advice: aside from the common tourist places(Empire State Bldg, Statue of Liberty, etc) what places do you recommend to visit in New York City?

I like going to quaint, cool places...if that makes sense. I would like to go to The Strand, even though the last time there we encountered a rude employee who belittled us because we did not know that the Faerie Queene was an English work of poetry. Only in New York...


CJ at 6/09/2005

Comments:

By Blogger CJ, at: 9:51 PM  

cindylu-I know people over there, so we will probably be staying with them. Thanks for the tips on the places! They sound pretty cool, I'll have to check them out.

oso-awesome! thanks for the links. It would be cool if I can check out Moreno's show.


By Blogger CJ, at: 12:18 PM  

Liza-I'm going in July, not sure exactly when but probably the second week. We'll keep in touch.

Thanks for all the tips and links, and wow, hehe, I didn't know the attitude was part of the Strand experience. I feel so honored! ;)


Post a Comment


Back to Tortilla Sandwich


2 comments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger