If your browser doesn't automatically go there within a few seconds, click here to go to Tortilla Sandwich.
Tortilla Sandwich
Tortilla Sandwich
What is it? A mixture of the Mexican and American heritage which once fused together creates the culture I grew up with. A culture where I watched every India Maria movie, my hero was El Chapulin Colorado, I had atole for breakfast, yet at the same time I never missed an episode of Saturday Night Live, my favorite meal was mom's meatloaf and I dreamed of being in the Ramones.


Contact Me
tortillasandwich@gmail.com

Feeds
Atom
June 15, 2005
A year of the Tortilla

Today I got to thinking, "Gee Tortilla Sandwich, (that's what I call myself because I'm cool like that), it sure does seem like you have been writing on this blog for a while now, you think it's been a year already?"

Sure enough I looked up my archives, and today is the one year anniversary of Tortilla Sandwich!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


When I first started this blog, I was but a wee babe in blog-land, I didn't know what I was doing...not much has changed since.

Why blog? I don't know, maybe due to boredom, self endulgence, the need to reach out to a broader audience and see if maybe, just maybe, there is another person out in this world who gets you and understands your need to document and take photos of grocery stores, your shoes, or what you had for lunch.

Who am I kidding, I do it for the hits.

Speaking of hits, check out the keywords that have brought people to my site:

tortilla sandwich
pilsen hipsters
non mexican actors replacing mexicans
tortilla ladies
sandwich for crowds
concession stand nacho recipes
fajita meaning
dish jay leno spanish subtitles
enchilada tortilla controversy
olivia morgante
custom made fajita bbq pit

First of all, "tortilla ladies", what the heck is that all about? Second, I am disappointed that anyone would look for any Jay Leno subtitles, Spanish or not. Then again, maybe subtitles are needed to make his jokes funny.(Hiss!) I also did not know there was a enchilada tortilla controversy, I'm sure Geraldo is all over this dastardly story.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Geraldo: Iconic Mustache at your service.


Anyway, happy anniversary to me and here's to another year of great nothingness.


CJ at 6/15/2005

Comments:

By Blogger Shari, at: 2:55 PM  

Happy anniversary!


By Blogger CJ, at: 4:39 PM  

Shari-thanks...how are things going out west?


By Blogger The Art of Brownsville, at: 9:50 PM  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Wishing you the best for another great year ahead!

From The Art of Brownsville


By Blogger CJ, at: 9:14 AM  

mayra-thanks!


Post a Comment


Back to Tortilla Sandwich


4 comments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger