If your browser doesn't automatically go there within a few seconds, click here to go to Tortilla Sandwich.
Tortilla Sandwich
Tortilla Sandwich
What is it? A mixture of the Mexican and American heritage which once fused together creates the culture I grew up with. A culture where I watched every India Maria movie, my hero was El Chapulin Colorado, I had atole for breakfast, yet at the same time I never missed an episode of Saturday Night Live, my favorite meal was mom's meatloaf and I dreamed of being in the Ramones.


Contact Me
tortillasandwich@gmail.com

Feeds
Atom
July 24, 2005
Home again


Central Park
Originally uploaded by tortillasandwich.
Well I'm back from our fabulous road trip, and what can I say, I had a blast.

I was sad to come back, sad to leave family and friends behind. But grateful to be back at home at the same time, happy to see all my family back here in Texas.

New York was a different experience for me this time. The last few times I went I was just a kid, in awe of everything, gazing at all the tall buidings and crowds. But this time I went back as an adult, sizing up the people and the city they belonged to, wondering to myself, "could I make it in this city?" Only time can tell.

All I can say was the day we walked through the city, it was HOT. And that is coming from a person who has experienced Texas heat all of her life.

In closing, some lyrics from a U2 song, appropriately titled "New York."


In New York summers get hot, well into the hundreds
You can't walk around the block without a change of clothing
Hot as a hairdryer in your face
Hot as a handbag and a can of mace
In New York, I just got a place in New York
New York, New York


Check out my photos from the trip on Flickr(click the photo above to go to my photos), they are all in the photo set called "Road Trip to NYC."


CJ at 7/24/2005

Comments:

By Blogger Xolo, at: 1:18 PM  

Welcome Home!


By Blogger CJ, at: 1:28 PM  

xolo-Thanks, I know you had some travels of your own. I enjoyed reading about them, and yes, I to would create little stories in my head about the people I saw as we drove along.


By Blogger Shari, at: 2:33 PM  

Between your NY thing and your U2 thing, I totally thought of you when reading Improv Everywhere's latest mission. :)


By Blogger CJ, at: 3:04 PM  

Haha, that was hilarious. I read that before I left on my trip, ready for any fake rooftop concerts while in NY. Sadly, none happened, it was too hot I bet.


By Anonymous Anonymous, at: 2:09 PM  

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! You've got some really great pictures. I especially love the Dakota and Strawberry Fields. I hope to go there some day. =) I'm glad you made it there and back safely!


By Blogger CJ, at: 2:40 PM  

Merry-thanks! I'm glad you liked the photos, I really should have taken more, but I was too tired.


Post a Comment


Back to Tortilla Sandwich


6 comments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger