If your browser doesn't automatically go there within a few seconds, click here to go to Tortilla Sandwich.
Tortilla Sandwich
Tortilla Sandwich
What is it? A mixture of the Mexican and American heritage which once fused together creates the culture I grew up with. A culture where I watched every India Maria movie, my hero was El Chapulin Colorado, I had atole for breakfast, yet at the same time I never missed an episode of Saturday Night Live, my favorite meal was mom's meatloaf and I dreamed of being in the Ramones.


Contact Me
tortillasandwich@gmail.com

Feeds
Atom
July 21, 2005
On The Road Again

Well what a wild fabulous ride it has been! After 6 days in the NY metropolitan area I can say I really would like to live there one day. But I am lazy and hate walking so I don't know how that will fly. I also don't like the subway, and I tend to get angry at slow walkers on the sidewalk. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

When I get back home I will post some pics of my travels. For some reason while in Manhattan I didn't take a whole lot of photos, maybe it was because I had been there twice before and had seen everything already, or maybe it was the heat and humidity that made me just want to pass out on the sidewalk instead of worrying about photos.

We went to midtown on Monday, I had scored some tickets to a taping of the Late Night with David Letterman show(which will air this Friday!), so before the taping began we just walked around, went down to Central Park West. Of course I had to take a photo of the Dakota apartments, and once you take a photo of that you are obligated to walk through Strawberry Fields, sit by the "Imagine" mozaic, and reflect on life. Good times...

After a few delays we are on our way back to Texas now, I am typing this in Greensboro, North Carolina. Tomorrow we leave and will probably drive as far through Tennessee as possible then crash somewhere for the night, then wake up and should arrive in Texas on Saturday. Did I mention that when we left last week from Texas we drove straight through to North Carolina? Crazy things start to happen to your mind after being awake for more than 24 hours so we decided to not do driving non-stop again.

Remind me later to tell you all about my experiences in NYC, including the celebrity gawking I did while walking on Broadway.....


CJ at 7/21/2005

Comments:

By Blogger Xolo, at: 11:42 AM  

I am happy to read that you are having a good trip. Can't wait to see the picture. Drive safely!


By Blogger CJ, at: 9:25 PM  

Xolo-thanks! We had a great time, go to my Flickr page to see my photos.


Post a Comment


Back to Tortilla Sandwich


2 comments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger